Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a long time but I just noticed something weird on my X.. I hear a noise coming from my driver's seat motor I think. I can't really describe the noise. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. Please Note -- All my adjustments on my seat still work just fine, along with both memory positions. The noise ONLY happens when the car is fully on.. I shut off the engine and the noise will stop. When I open the drivers door the seat will move to my position just like it always has and it won't make any other noises. This noise only happens once i start the car.

I'm sorry if this is a vague description, I literally don't know how to describe it. Here's a link to a video where you can kinda hear the noise. (Turn your volume all the way up)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyughu2p9uvmooe/Seat Motor Clicking.mov?dl=0

Another thing, it is not the 6 disc changer. I know what that sounds like and furthermore mine still works haha!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Maybe it's the lumbar support inflating

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe but it never seemed to make a noise in the past, it just started like 2 months ago.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a long time but I just noticed something weird on my X.. I hear a noise coming from my driver's seat motor I think. I can't really describe the noise. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. Please Note -- All my adjustments on my seat still work just fine, along with both memory positions. The noise ONLY happens when the car is fully on.. I shut off the engine and the noise will stop. When I open the drivers door the seat will move to my position just like it always has and it won't make any other noises. This noise only happens once i start the car.

I'm sorry if this is a vague description, I literally don't know how to describe it. Here's a link to a video where you can kinda hear the noise. (Turn your volume all the way up)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyughu2p9uvmooe/Seat Motor Clicking.mov?dl=0

Another thing, it is not the 6 disc changer. I know what that sounds like and furthermore mine still works haha!

Just noticed you have a tech package! It could be the dvd drive under the seat causing the noise. Either the DVD drive motor is about to fail, something is hitting it or the cooling fan inside has debris or is failing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts