Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL

Glad the bumper to bumper is still in effect.

SuperTech or anytone - is that legit? The driver side light that turns on when you're near the car or disarm the alarm etc is out...

Dealer ordered entire mirror assembly.

Definitely can't imagine keeping this when out of warranty if a simple light needs an entire mirror assembly...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hence why I got rid of my X5. At one point, the stepper motor that controlled the pass side adaptive headlight died. Instead of the Bimmer dealer replacing the $40 motor in the assembly, they said they could only replaced the entire assembly...which was $2400. I got it fixed under the good faith warranty as it was only 1800 miles out of the bumper to bumper. Seems dealers are much more interested in the quick fix than the one that will take them approximately an hour or two in extra time.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think these puddle lights are LEDs. LEDs have a long lifetime and should last for the life of the vehicle. Given that, this failure could well be not the actual LED itself, but rather, the circuitry driving it and it could even be due to some contamination issue where water got in or something. In addition, LEDs are often soldered into circuit boards as opposed to a normal lamp that's just the lamp in a socket with the power supply wires to it. Given all this, it may be quicker and cheaper for the tech to replace the whole thing rather than dink around spending expensive time trying to get it down to the component.

Note - I haven't evaluated the exact design so I'm just doing some educated guessing above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts