Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got 2006 MDX and the remote keyless entry doesn't work on the driver door but works on all other doors. The dealer ask for $80+tax just for diagnos then decide how much will cost to fix it. When I press lock and unlock on the fob, I can hear all other doors click except driver door. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
There are a few things that could cause this. You could have a bad driver's door acutator (the thing that actually moves the lock mechanism inside the car), a bad door multiplex control unit, or some bad wiring / loose connections somewhere in the system.

90% of the time when you have a failure in a system with electronic and mechanical elements, it's going to be the mechanical, so my bet is that your driver's lock actuator is toast (I say this without any clue as to the reliability of the unit in general).

The good news is, it's really not difficult to test it. Just take the door panel off, unplug it, and apply power to it. There are only two terminals, so just apply ground to one, and 12 volts to the other. Hooking it up one way will result in it locking the door, the other way in unlocking it (doesn't matter which is which for testing - try both). If you don't get a movement out of the actuator, you've found your problem. If the actuator DOES move, then you have a problem elsewhere in the system, and things will get more complicated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Is it hard to take the panel off by myself or do I need special tool for it? If it is the activator gone bad, is it hard to replace it myself ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts