Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 MDX came with both driver 1 & driver 2 keyfob
They both are programmed for the MDX (both key can lock,unlock,remote start, open trunk & start engine)
The issue here is, whenever I open my the driver door & start my MDX with my driver 2 keyfob the car recognizes me as Driver 1, this is driving me crazy

Someone please tell me how do I fix this issue?
Wife is driver 1, me driver 2

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Is your door unlocked all the time when you switch between fobs? Make sure the other fob is out of range and then UNLOCK (either by button on fob or touching inside of door handle) the car using the driver fob of choice to have the car switch to it. It's the UNLOCK action that causes the switch along with the detection of the correct fob that causes the car to switch drivers. If you leave the car unlocked in the garage and go to another driver, it will stay on the last driver until the car is locked and unlocked again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your door unlocked all the time when you switch between fobs? Make sure the other fob is out of range and then UNLOCK (either by button on fob or touching inside of door handle) the car using the driver fob of choice to have the car switch to it. It's the UNLOCK action that causes the switch along with the detection of the correct fob that causes the car to switch drivers. If you leave the car unlocked in the garage and go to another driver, it will stay on the last driver until the car is locked and unlocked again.
OK will try this
the times that I tried I had the driver 1 keyfob within 10feet range
May be i'll completely keep it outta sight and try this

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently had a similar issue every time my wife would drive with me, and I started the car with remote start.
When I got in the car, the seat started moving forward, and I had to press my pre-set to get it to go back to driver 1 (me)
The radio detected "welcome driver 2" but this doesn't happen if she's not near when when I get in the car (leaving work, etc). Kinda a minor annoyance, but an interesting side effect of that seems to be when it detects driver 2, (my wife) the satellite radio doesn't work (not activated) when it detects driver 1 (me) the satellite radio works fine. So strange, oh well, no biggie. :)
Just thought i'd share my experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, I should mention that this only started happening after replacing the battery in my wife's remote over christmas. Before that, the car would complain remote battery low (but not really say who) but i knew it was her's cause I got mine changed maybe 10 months ago. I wonder now if her "fresh" battery is somehow stronger, and causing these issues when that remote is in range...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I recently had a similar issue every time my wife would drive with me, and I started the car with remote start.
When I got in the car, the seat started moving forward, and I had to press my pre-set to get it to go back to driver 1 (me)
The radio detected "welcome driver 2" but this doesn't happen if she's not near when when I get in the car (leaving work, etc). Kinda a minor annoyance, but an interesting side effect of that seems to be when it detects driver 2, (my wife) the satellite radio doesn't work (not activated) when it detects driver 1 (me) the satellite radio works fine. So strange, oh well, no biggie. :)
Just thought i'd share my experience.
if your wife unlocked the driver's door before you did, it may recognize driver 2 instead of you. in my 14 RDX i used to be able to change it back by turning off the car, get out and re-open the door then it will recognize me and welcome driver 1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That happened to me occasionally (Driver2), if she left the car unlocked in the garage and I just hopped in with fob2 and started the car.

I now hit unlock on the fob as I approach the vehicle.... even if it is unlocked in the garage. I think it then sees #2 as the most "recent" remote, as I hop in and start as driver #2.

I had the remote start feature updated, so I should try to see if the problem has gone away without me hitting the unlock button.

Oh... '14 Advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts