Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MDX gurus! 2007 MDX with Tech package

Can someone help me out here? I've searched and been patient for the last 5 days. Here is what's going on...

Awhile back ago, my little 2 year old was playing with my keys, and I noticed when I turned my engine on, my clock was an hour behind no matter how many times I changed it to the correct time. Went on here and found the answer. hold down both lock and unlock button and the key will resync to your car. Done! It worked great!

Fast forward 6 months later and about a week ago, same boy, now 2 and a half took my keys and played with them again. He again, unsynced my keys to the car, so every time I turn on my engine, all my settings are not mine. I do the hold both unlock and lock at the same time, the key syncs to the vehicle and all works fine. But when I turn off the car and wait about 2 minutes, and turn the car back on, the key in not synced anymore.

My question is, Does anyone know why the key will not stay synced to the car once the engine is turned off? Or can someone point me to where I can find this answer? I've been searching and searching for over 5 days now, and thus I'm here asking the questions because I've ran out of ideas.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

·
Registered
961 Posts
There are usually one or more fuses for "Memory" functions in the various computers. It is called "KAM" or "Keep Alive Memory". If a fuse blows to that circuit, some or all memory functions die when you power down. If you have a non-factory audio system, poor installation can cause a short circuit that will blow the fuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are usually one or more fuses for "Memory" functions in the various computers. It is called "KAM" or "Keep Alive Memory". If a fuse blows to that circuit, some or all memory functions die when you power down. If you have a non-factory audio system, poor installation can cause a short circuit that will blow the fuse.
Bluepill, Thank you for the info. I still have a factory OEM audio system... so I don't know why the fuse would blow. Can you tell me if I can find this fuse in the kick panel or engine compartment?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Just checked all fuses and they seem to be ok. My wife's key is still synced and goes to all her settings when she turn the engine on. It's just my key won't sync when I use my key. If my wife's key still works normally, could this still be an issue with the mirror actuator?

Does anyone else have any other ideas before I have to take it to the dealer and have them charge me an arm and a leg? Please advise, thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.