Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 MDX - when the door is unlocked with either driver 1 or driver 2 keys, the seats will not set themselves according to the programmed seat settings. Even if you push the button on the door for setting one or setting two, you have to continue to push the buttons multiple times to get the seat to move to the programmed setting. It moves a little at a time toward the programmed setting, usually have to keep pushing the button 10 to 15 times before it finally gets to the programmed position. Have reset multiple times and disconnected power and reprogrammed multiple times but it continues to do the same thing.
Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Could be one of two things. The motors/actuators in the side mirrors need to be replaced. Or the sub-harness that connects the driver's side door wiring harness to the fuse box is bad. Do you have any other oddities? Power lift gate issues? Power window issues? If so that definitely leads to the sub-harness. I have a simple write up for the fix here and Skirmich has a much more detailed write up. $25 and a half hour of your time … easy peasy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, i can corroborate that there is possibly a motor issue in the mirrors that is causing it to interrupt the process and then not adjust to the settings. i spent an annoying morning at the Acura dealer until they found the problem. Wish I had known the issue could be something I could fix myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts