Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help...MDX 2002-When using the drivers power window recently, rolling down, there was a heavy click and the motor worked just fine, but the window stayed up? While holding the power button, pushed the window down by hand. Came back up fine, but when pushed for "down", again, motor worked, but it seems the track just leaves the window in place?
Does anyone know of a youtube type video of what seems to be a simple repair that can walk me thru this? I thought I would attempt before taking it to the shop. Ideas?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sounds like your window regulator went out (a common failure in our 1G MDXs, and well, pretty much every car ever built with electric windows). ;-)

There are a million videos out there to help you learn how to replace a regulator - just google it. It's really not at all a difficult or expensive job. And the aftermarket (cheap!) regulators are probably at least as good as the originals, so don't feel like you have to drop $400 on a new part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Man! THANKS for your reply! I will check on the youtubes for window regulator repair. I am sure that if this went to the shop that $400 part would be necessary AND MORE! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts