Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just bought a new Touring model one month ago. After only 300 miles had it back to the dealer because of a low frequency noise that was present when reached speed of 55mph and went away after 65mph. Dealer said it was in the drive shaft and needed to rebalence. Took a day to do this. After picking it up, the sound was still there but present from 54mph to 57mph. slight improvement, heading in the right direction. Brought it back this Monday, now has 1000 miles on it, sound back from 55-65. They have had it for a week trying to rebalence as per Tech Line advise, with possible next step a new drive shaft.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or heard a noise at certain speed range?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Low Frequency Hum in 5th Gear

Fella's, may I suggest you have your Service departments call Courtesy Acura in Lexington KY (859-272-8900) and ask about a recent fix, mine to be exact. If you check my posting you will see what they tried and what was finally done to correct the problem. Be persistant but patient, you don't want to piss off the guys that fix your car. I told them I didn't want it back until it was fixed PERIOD! They understood.

Good luck!

Silver/Touring/step sides. pop-tart crumbs and french fry salt in the back seat. Kids shoes, gum wrappers and ice scraper on floor.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
High Frquency Steering Vibration above 73mph

I am going to have to say that I might have experienced this problem or maybe it was my imagination, like I was looking/listening/feeling for something after my X was fixed back in November. I have only driven it in the speed range that is in question one time (Christmas day coming home from in-laws, 1 1/2 hr trip) This is my wife's vehicle and she hasn't had any other complaint's since the drive shaft fix. (It was her birthday present)

I am off from work this upcoming week and I guess I'll give her a spin,the MDX, and see if there is a steering wheel Vibration- sensation to be sure.

The mention of a exhaust system resonation is of interest because I have experienced that. It is more of a throaty sound when accelerating from a stand still which doesn't bother me. A steering wheel vibration would bother me enough to have it checked out. The only other problem that I have to have taken care of when I bring it back for the 3500 mile check up is a slight side to side wobble of the brake pedal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.