Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must start by saying that I absolutely love my mdx(silver, ebony interior, touring w/ nav.) . But I am one of the unfortunate ones that has the problem with the mpg doubleing. For example, after getting 18 mpg on a trip, I turn my car off and on and It would double my mpg to 36. This is annoying. The only other thing I am not happy about is the windshield wipers leave streaks and can be noisy at times. I will appreciate any comments on these matters.
:mad:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Dont know bout the MPG.

I am a stickler about windshield wipers. I have tried MANY blades. From ANCO to BOSCH to those double blade to thos that have many ridges on a roundish blade.

Previously I loved the Bosch Micro edge, these worked great but were on the pricy side. The carbon on the blades do wear off and I would get chatter. I recent found some great one out of all place Costco. They are a DBL pack call "Trico Teflon Blades" I've had them on my Civic for 5 months and they still work great, like new.

Also make sure you clean you windshield and avoid going to those carwashes that spary "wax" on you car of course it get on the winshield and that plays into the chatter. I use windex with amonia to cut the wax.

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The trip odo problem is pretty prevalent and there's been a lot of discussion. I'm sure you'll find several threads if you do a search. Another trick that it has is to erase your history.

There seems to be limited success getting this fixed. My dealer doesn't seem to know what to do, but I've seen posts from others who say their dealer did a SW upgrade that fixed it.

I agree, it's very annoying. Check with your dealer and keep after them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The MPG happened to me once. At that time,the trip computer added 91 miles to the trip and the MPG just shot up. It did not happen again after that. Didn't take it to the dealership yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts