Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I really want to upgrade my stock 6-disc changer with a Double DIN stereo w/Nav, rear camera, etc...I've found several different models that I think will work, however most seem to be designed for 4 speakers, but I believe my model MDX has 6 speakers (4 stock + 2 Bose) + subwoofer. Will I need some sort of special wiring harness/adapter, or can I simply wire the front Left and Righ speakers as pairs (i.e. 1 Bose speaker + 1 stock door speaker on each side in the front). Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a wire patch harness, connect wire to aftermarket stereo in the comfort of home and plug in factory harness. Easy, best $15 bucks you’ll spend. All speakers will work.

Awesome! So I guess the new harness will clip into the back of the new stereo and I will have to solder/connect the wires to the stock wires of the same color? If so, does that mean that will have to cut the stock clip off to expose the stock wires? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You solder the patch harness to the aftermarket unit then just plug into the mdx dash connector

·
Registered
164 Posts
The free end wires of the patch harness connects to the free end wires of the aftermarket stereo. All wires will be identified, ie power, ground, speaker wires, remote, dimmers etc. In most cases the colors will match. Remember the steering wheel controls will no longer work unless you get an additional steering wheel adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts