Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my wife's '04 MDX front seat inserts were getting shredded & the seat heaters were on the fritz. I had the seat inserts reupholstered and found the Dorman seat heaters for a fraction of the cost of the Honda/Acura heaters. Only thing I'm wondering is if I can splice wires & wire the new heaters directly into my oem switches or if I have to wire them into the vehicle separate like Dorman says. I know, I know, Dorman says that, so that's how I should do it. But I'm just wondering if it's one of those situations where a manufacturer's just covering their tails.

Anyone have experience with the Dorman universal heaters in their MDX?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I try to avoid Dorman, when possible. Their parts tend to be on the lower-end of the quality spectrum. I'd be especially wary of seat heating pads as they can burn me and/or cause a fire.

Personally, I would stick with the Acura heating pads. You'll know they work properly, and will integrate with your stock wiring/switches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.