Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only lock and unlock the driver's side door with the key. When I push the button on the door handle, it doesn't do anything. Also, when I press lock/unlock on the remote all the other doors lock/unlock - driver's side door does nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If by KEY you mean the actual metal key inside the fob, then yes, only the driver's side door has the lock core for it. If you mean this is only way you can unlock/lock that door, something needs to get fixed by the dealer.

The buttons on the door handles are for locking, not unlocking. You touch the inside of the door handle, then pull, to unlock. But, it should at least lock/beep if you push the button.

Do the lock/unlock controls on the door interior work for that door?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If by KEY you mean the actual metal key inside the fob, then yes, only the driver's side door has the lock core for it. If you mean this is only way you can unlock/lock that door, something needs to get fixed by the dealer.

The buttons on the door handles are for locking, not unlocking. You touch the inside of the door handle, then pull, to unlock. But, it should at least lock/beep if you push the button.

Do the lock/unlock controls on the door interior work for that door?
Yes only the actual key can lock or unlock the drivers door.
it doesn't beep when i push the button. If I lock it manually, then touch the inside of the handle to unlock, i get several beeps and it doesn't unlock. The interior door locks work fine.

I'll have to let the dealer know when I go in for service here pretty soon. Such a pain the arse

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Hmm since it still locks/unlocks using the door's interior controls, it sounds like the mechanism itself is fine, and could be just the door handle then. Maybe check for indications of rust dripping from the door handle. Water has been known to intrude there. But yeah, the dealer is your best bet now. Hope it's any easy one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talk about having some gremlins, everything now works. I'm still gonna have the dealership look at the door handle when I bring it in for service.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Boy.. that's annoying when it disappears. Especially because Acura maintains that we MUST show the dealership tech the problem as it is happening in order to have it resolved. I don't know how many trips I've made so far to the dealer where a problem persists but disappears around the dealership because their roads are smoother.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This literally just started happening to my 2014 mdx tonight. All doors unlock with the fob except driver and same when I hit the internal unlock button. I actually had to get in through the passenger side and manually unlock since it appears the lock all doors worked when I pressed it after getting out but didn't work when I attempted to unlock coming back.

I'm still in warranty so we will wait and see.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Great suggestion!
What sucks with some dealers is that even though you show them a video, they want to keep the car to reproduce it and if they can't, they won't fix it. The video proof should be clear and obvious enough, but I guess Honda really nickles and dimes them on their time, so they all stay away from doing exploratory work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What sucks with some dealers is that even though you show them a video, they want to keep the car to reproduce it and if they can't, they won't fix it. The video proof should be clear and obvious enough, but I guess Honda really nickles and dimes them on their time, so they all stay away from doing exploratory work.
My dealer has been great so far, this is actually my first Acura and I do love it. Hopefully the video will help...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts