Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang. Just wondering if y'all had any pro tips for troubleshooting the front door locks on an '05 Touring edition. I've tried everything I can think of from multiple replacement key fobs and batteries, to replacing the actuator. The problem seems to come and go, but when I get them to lock (either manually or with the fob), it will then "Beep" and activate the anti-theft as it should. The battery in the car is brand new as is the battery in the new, replacement fob.

Just wondering if there is any sort of test I can run to see what the precise problem is. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
582 Posts
I’m wondering if it’s the drivers side control panel that controls the windows and door locks. That’s my next junk yard buy

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I'm wondering if you just have a single faulty door lock actuator.

Does it act the same if you press the remote lock button as when you turn the driver's door key lock to the locked position?

Do any of the locks activate when you "don't get a reaction" from the remote (and key?)

·
Registered
118 Posts
similar (same?) problem. None of my door locks work anymore. It started with the driver-rear door lock being "stuck" and we had to operate it manually. Now all 4 doors won't work with the fob, or with the lock switch inside the door. We have to lock/unlock manually. The only lock that still works is using the driver-side door inside lock switch to unlock the tailgate. Fob won't unlock anything anymore, but the fob does actually "work", it sends a signal, and will "beep" the car if all the doors are manually locked.

Lube the locks? Replace all actuators? Replace a fuse or relay?

·
Registered
62 Posts
similar (same?) problem. None of my door locks work anymore. It started with the driver-rear door lock being "stuck" and we had to operate it manually. Now all 4 doors won't work with the fob, or with the lock switch inside the door. We have to lock/unlock manually. The only lock that still works is using the driver-side door inside lock switch to unlock the tailgate. Fob won't unlock anything anymore, but the fob does actually "work", it sends a signal, and will "beep" the car if all the doors are manually locked.

Lube the locks? Replace all actuators? Replace a fuse or relay?
Same problem here. I am going to replace the actuators then go from there. I hear them trying to rotate, but nothing happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone ... I'm a little late to this thread, but I just bought a 2005 MDX Touring and I'm having similar issues as described above. The fob is a lost cause, and I don't even bother trying to use it, but the driver's side lock switch works intermittently at best. It will open the tailgate/trunk 100% of the time, but the driver's side passenger door has to be locked/unlocked manually 100% of the time.

The passenger side doors work at about a 60/40 split percentage for locking and unlocking, and using the key on the driver's door does not lock anything except the door itself and the tailgate.

I'm not sure about Acura, but I'm used to being able to turn the key in the driver's door twice to the right to unlock all doors, and twice to the left to lock all doors. This isn't happening with this vehicle.

Any suggestions from the posters above on what the problem is, and what the simplest (cheapest?) fix is?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts