Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help diagnose the following symptoms related to door locks on my 05 MDX?
- When all doors are locked, key FOB does not unlock any of the doors/hatch (I assume b/c driver's side front actuator is broken - see next bullet - and other doors will not respond if driver's side front does not unlock?)
- Driver's side front: does not respond to either key FOB nor inside lock control
- Passenger side front: does respond to both key FOB and inside lock control
- Rear driver's and passenger's side doors: do not respond to either key FOB nor inside lock control
- Hatch: does respond to both key FOB and inside lock control
- All door locks can be moved manually

My guess is the diagnosis is driver's side front and both rear door lock actuators are broken and there is no issue with the key FOB? Is there some central component that also needs examining? Could there be something other than an actuator causing individual door issues? If it's three actuators, sounds like $150-$250 per actuator depending on who I take it to? Trying to limit the amount of money I put into an '05.

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You are likely correct, however wiring faults are also possible. Finding and repairing can be expensive.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts