Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I found (by mistake) at Tim's web site.
It took me very long time to find them in gray about a year ago.
I think Tim should make them available for us too.
What you think Tim?

"Honda Odyssey Door Edge Guards

Color: Select: Taffeta White Starlight Silver Granite Green Mesa Beige Dark Emerald Green

Protect your door edges against scratches.
Color matched and available in all vehicle colors to ensure an integrated appearance."

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/frame3.html

·
Registered
273 Posts
Door edge guards

I have to Marne credit for finding this WEB site, Custom Auto Trim I ordered 15' of the 3/8" L-shaped door edge molding. (I had a few feet left over.)

This stuff excellent looking and is very tough. I highly recommend it.

rflagg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mjaime and rflagg,

Any pics on your X would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Mjaime,

Did you have to order 50' ?

How do they go on with silicon glue? I assume they provide a tube of the stuff with a thin nozzle?

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Adhesive?

What is the best adhesive to use to glue/stick the trim/door guard on the door which won't hurt the wax or paint?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Adhesive?

Oracle said:
What is the best adhesive to use to glue/stick the trim/door guard on the door which won't hurt the wax or paint?
The product I used for my prior post uses 3M tape. I highly recommend it. (So does Marne!)

rflagg

·
Registered
56 Posts
3M double sided tape? Where can I find it? I can't seem to find any of them beside carpet tape in home depot... Are they strong enough without hurting the paint? Thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oracle said:
3M double sided tape? Where can I find it? I can't seem to find any of them beside carpet tape in home depot... Are they strong enough without hurting the paint? Thanks!
I missunderstood your question. Custom Auto Trim has door edge guards that use 3M tape. (One side is already attached to the molding.

Sorry about that!

rflagg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ones I used are rounded, not flat like the other ones. They come with some kind of silicon inside that will not do any damage to the paint and if you ever decide can pull it out and get rid of any silicon left with your bare hands. The silicon used is very soft.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great Look on Silver

Just installed both door edge guards and fender well trim from Custom Auto Trim and they look very good on my 02 SS. The door edge guards are metallic silver (very close match to the car). The wheel well trim is chrome and it makes a very nice subtle difference to the look of the "X".

Other SS owners should check it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
kflint

I used the L shape silver metallic. I ordered 20 ft. Had enough to put on all doors and even the lower half of the tailgate. There are some places on the doors that the U shaped guards might not fit perfectly. I just thought that the L shaped silver would match the SS very well and it does.

Looks good and protects very well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
fvince
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing