Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Zaino'ed my MDX and it looks absolutely amazing. The new Z5 is great, and it even smells good. Anyway my questions has to do with door dings. Having just polished the car I noticed that there are a bunch of dings on the doors. I guess they become a lot more clear when you have a shiny car.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these? Does any of the Dentpro services work? They claim that they just massage the metal and it can get rid of dings. Sounds like snake oil, but I thought I should ask.

I would love some feedback in regards to this.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I used DentPro; they did a great job. Yes, "massaging" is how they do it, but from inside the panel. As long as you don't have chipped paint along with the dings, I'd highly recommend them.

If you do a search for Dent Pro (DentPro?) and Dent Wizard a few threads will pop up, some with before/after pics.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Try the search feature here using "door dings". This is a subject that has been discussed often here.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I also have a small ding in the left rear passenger door (BSM didn't help) with no chip & was considering going to dentpro. The dealer offered to remove it last week when I was getting the oil changed( they use same method as dent pro) for $100. I said no thanks - that sounded high to me. The dent is about the size of a nickel. Is that the going rate at dent pro........$100/per ding?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
texrb,

DentPro has their prices on their website (I don't remember their exact pricing, but our 2 dings were ~$125 as I recall). The first ding is more than subsequent dings. They also give a discount to AAA members.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dings

depending on the depth of the dings, the curvature of the dings and where the dings are...the prices range from $60.00 to $100.00

The catch with paintless ding removal is that if you have a number of dings on a single panel NOT at the edge of the panels then it can start at $100.00 max out at $125.00.

Dings on hoods and roofs are a log more expensive because they have to remove the ceiling or hood liners. If you have plastic bumpers like our MDX they can also put the bumper back to its original shape if the plastic bumper has been punched in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I traded my car in on our MDX, it had a ding on the driver's door. The salesman indicated they had someone who they used and the charge was $40.00 per panel, regardless of the number of dings. I'm sure it would be more for an individual than the dealer is charged, but many swear by the process.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Worm, Fireblade & Sar,

Thank you all for the information. Based on what I read, I think I'll live with the ding until I get more on the same door - seems like it would be a lot less than going in for one at a time. It's barely noticeable unless you stand at the correct angle anyway, & since the paint isnt chipped - I can let it go for a while.

I was actually thinking about buying the magnetic/suction tool to remove it myself. I know there is a thread about that on the forum here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
We had a dent with scratched paint a while ago, went to Dentpro for the dent repair, they charged $79.00. I tried to touch up the scratch myself, but it looked terrible when I finished....Dentpro wanted $150 which I thought was too much, so when I had my 3,750 mile service at the dealer, I had their paint guy do the job....saved $25 (he charged $125) and it was perfectly done. The dealer also has a dent repair person, the going rate is $75.00, but I don't know what the charge would be for more than one dent.

We now have two more dents on the passenger side front door and I am going to wait a while before I fix them....the X's sheet metal is so damn thin that dents are unavoidable no matter where you park or if you have BSMs.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have been fortunate with dings so far. I try to minimize them by parking far from everybody else. I don't take up 2 parking space, just park in the back and walk. Everyone who has nice vehicles at my job parks in the back of the parking lot. There are enough spaces that we don't have no other vehicle directly beside us.

·
Registered
285 Posts
texrb said:
I was actually thinking about buying the magnetic/suction tool to remove it myself. I know there is a thread about that on the forum here.
texrb-

i used a guy from plano to fix a ding on my front door panel, he would come and give an estimate and repair onsite... it costed me $60 to fix the ding, i can provide more details if you are interested... he is the same guy/shop david mcdavid acura is using to fix their door dings...

the magnetic/suction tool might not work that well according to him, he acturally had a set in his van and he showed me why: it's very easy to pull the dent out but hard to get it even with that tool set...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts