Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the initial 1/16th of an inch of pedal travel, my pedal clicks. The noise isn't coming from the booster cylinder or ABS Actuator or anything important in the operation of the car. It's the pedal itself that makes the tiny click noise and is driving me insane.

Anyone care to troubleshoot? Or has some gone through this OCD exercise and found a solution?

· Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
251 Posts
It might be the switch that activates the brake lights. Or maybe something just caught up in there, like a leaf or piece of trash.

· Registered
97 Posts
It's the switch that activates the brake lights and is also the relay that allows the car to start when you press the start button. If your foot is not on the brake, the starter will not run and the car will just enter accessory mode. The good news is this is only a temporary annoyance. Give it enough time and your hearing will degrade to the point where it no longer is an issue ;)

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the switch that activates the brake lights and is also the relay that allows the car to start when you press the start button. If your foot is not on the brake, the starter will not run and the car will just enter accessory mode. The good news is this is only a temporary annoyance. Give it enough time and your hearing will degrade to the point where it no longer is an issue ;)
I drove the 22 MDX and it doesn't do that. My Mercedes and Lexus don't do it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts