Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have twice ordered a bug guard for a 2012 MDX from Weathertech and twice received a 2007-2009 bug guard. My question... Does Weathertech make a bug guard for a 2012 MDX? If not, what other options are available that someone would recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
nope they do not. Went through the same. The holes on 07-09 are different. There is one u can buy directly from the Acura dealer but it's 2x 3x more expensive.

·
Registered
301 Posts
nope they do not. Went through the same. The holes on 07-09 are different. There is one u can buy directly from the Acura dealer but it's 2x 3x more expensive.
I don't know the economics of owning a dealership, but it seems to me that if they (a collective they..dealer/manufacturer) would just price ORM stuff at close to real world, so many more people would get stuff. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am wondering whether OEM accessories are ever going to have a clearance sale. It is about time given the new model is already three years old.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I did not think they would fit. I was thinking of drilling holes in the bug guard to match the holes in the hood... Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks, I did not think they would fit. I was thinking of drilling holes in the bug guard to match the holes in the hood... Haven't decided yet.
Maybe if you got the existing bug guard and rigged some kind of bracket? Be careful though because two things can easily happen: it might not be safe or it could look really really bad! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so there is really no way to drill new holes in the bug guard to "line up" with the holes in the hood. Looks like I will be returning (again) and getting the Acura Bug Guard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought and installed the OEM Acura front 'bug shield' / wind deflector. The one I ordered was for a 2011, but they shipped one that had instructions for a 2007+. The unit fit fine with no alterations required.

Perhaps it was just the manual was the same, but the shield itself had different holes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts