Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this....looks like if it works it will be easy to install in a custom case or within the interior plastic panels somewhere...

http://www.duraksoy.com/vboxe.html

I am most interested in using it to pipe video to the nav screen.

I don't see any pricing...but if anyone wout there who knows about these things says it's what we need, I'll contact them and find out..

If it is what we need....it would be cool...fab up a power supply and watch Free Willy while I wait at the drive-in teller...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Bruce,

You are missing some info because you stopped at page 1. The post has 11 pages. It's a little different from our forum, but there's a dropdown box for the other pages.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
MDXtrous said:
Bruce,

You are missing some info because you stopped at page 1. The post has 11 pages. It's a little different from our forum, but there's a dropdown box for the other pages.
Thanks, MDXtrous; knew there was a missing link (weblink).

For 2-1/2 converter bills, and another 1-1/2 DVD player bills, its starting to get pricey. Wanted a bigger screen, and wouldn't need the converter for an aftermarket screen, but those 8-9 inchers are running 5-8 bills.

Took a different route for the same kind of money, methinks. Got tired of hacking up my cars and the regrets when I sell them.

Bought the new 9" Toshiba SD-P2000 portable ($775). This new version now plays MP3s, and has the added benefit of being able to be used w/ motel TVs (ok, better hotel TVs w/comonent video jacks, or else I take along the VCR and use RCA inputs, NTSC output), at the park, in planes/trains, and embarrassingly, doubles as my very first DVD device in the home, for the main TV (at least its got a little remote).

As for a backup camera, I think I'll continue to open the driver's door, place my left foot on the running board, and lean my twisted body out the door to backup into tight spots. I find the wife does not make a very reliable backup camera either. "Well, I don't know what you mean by close! What the heck is 6 inches? You think I have a ruler? I just go by feel."

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
He he he

TheyCallMeBruce said:

I find the wife does not make a very reliable ...! What the heck is 6 inches? You think I have a ruler? I just go by feel."
Couldn't resist... :18:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts