Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old MDX 2002 (340K km) transmission is slippery around the speed of 30km/h when I put the shift lever at D5. But when I set the lever at 2, no slippery. So I am planning to start the vehicle with 2, then shift the lever to D5 later. I am manual shift guy and don't mind any inconvenient for it. Actually I have tried a few times and its doable. So how do you guys think? I don't mind to kill the transmission eventually after another 10K km or so...馃槄

Registered
The 2001-2006 MDX do not have toggle shifting.

By "slippery" I think you mean poor acceleration, which is also called flaring. If 1 and 2 work normally, this is what the FSM says are likely problems. If 1 and 2 experience high or low stall speed, then there are other diagnoses, some overlap.

You really need to know what you are doing to measure stall speed.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer!

More specific for the problem with my MDX:

Every time when I hit the pedal steadily (non stopping), accelerate the speed from zero to 50 km/h or more directly, release the pedal then hit it again, it will be keeping accelerating without any issue; But if I release the pedal between speed of 30km/h to 40 km/h, hit the pedal again, then I will get trouble to accelerate, the RPM will go up only instead of the speed. The accelerating gear won't kick in until the vehicle's speed reduced to under 30 km/h again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts