Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the new mdx will be coming out and what type of features it will have? I am interested in the new rx330 and the mdx but i would like to wait and see how the new mdx will look and the features it will have before i decide on which one to buy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Although Honda/Acura do a mighty fine job of keeping its loyalists and potential buyers completely in the dark. I would say the 04' model will be out in December.Again....NOONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHAT THE HECK THIS COMPANY IS DOING.....EXAMPLE-NAVIGATION UPDATES????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
205 Posts
IMHO, I think you should find some information on the 2004 MDX in October.

Do a search, I think we had this discussion not too long ago.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
We were in the same boat - RX330 or MDX. the RX330 not being out until now plus the size of the MDX sold us. You dont get much more in the RX - adaptive xenon headlights (which is way cool), power lift gate (dont know if I would use - maybe if it was pouring rain), real wood trim and option 18" tires. I think the MDX is a great truck and well worth the money. The MDX has voice activated nav, which the lexus doesnt and it has more size. If you want hids on the mdx, you'll need to install aftermarket, which many people have done.

Its a tough choice but I wouldnt bet on a lot of changes in the 2004 model - we just rec'd a new nav, backup camera, new transmission, more horsepower.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
One thing is safe to say ... the new 2004 MDX will not be a total redesign of the vehicle, as is the new RX330. So it's unlikely that the 2004 MDX will have major alterations in look and features. Other than that, Acura is notoriously secretive about 2004 changes and we won't know for sure until around October.

The MDX isn't due for a total redesign for a while.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
For the 2003 reliable/accurate information did not come out until late August to early September. The release date was October with the first deliveries in November.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's not likely that the 04's will be much different than the 03's. Hopefully they'll have factory HIDs (which can be retro'd into all prior years) :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah... factory hids that can be retrofitted into all prior models would rule.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
This is pure speculation and we won't know for sure. I would think that it is logical that the 2004 MDX get side curtain airbags and maybe xenons.

All of the MDX's direct competitors have side curtain airbags and Honda has just introduced the technology into the 2003 Accord and the new 2004 TSX. Now that Honda has it, it'd make sense for them to put it into the MDX.

Likewise, all of the MDX's competitors have xenons available. This may not be as sure because Honda hasn't yet developed xenons with auto-leveling, which seem to be necessary to mount them high on a cargo-carrying vehicle like an SUV.

If Acura can add these two items without jacking up the price too much, it'll further cement the MDX's strong position in the marketplace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts