Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one use Microfiber towels. I just ordered some pakshak www.pakshak.com. Over at autopia mostly everyone uses MF towels. Pakshak towels are very cheap too, just e mail Ranney ( the owner) and tell him you are part of autopia and you get a huge discount. With the 12 towels i ordered i saved over 15 bucks at least probably over 20. I know Sal suggests only 100% cotton bath towels but what from I've heard they are far superior and can be used like chamois.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my understanding is that there are two types of m/f towels.

one for water removal etc and one for burnishing (polishing or polish removal)

it has to do with the method of manufacturing , the ends being split or split more . . .

the reason sal suggests cotton towels is different than you may think. it is due to the large variance in manufacturing standards for m/f towels . . .

it is wise to stick with brands that have been used and tested by the public - especially the detailing public -like the zealots from autopia . . . going with an unknown or off brand can reveal interesting (not desired) results.

im not casting aspersins on the towels you ordered - i have NO experience with them . .. just tossing out this info . ..

i suspect in a short time - there will come to be a couple or few brands of m/f that can be heartily endorsed . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts