Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see they have a horrible Google Reviews score of 1.3: https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+finance+reviews&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS634US634&oq=honda+finance+reviews&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.9411j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x808ff29159ba0673:0x8fb87864620544d0,1,,, I had planned to take advantage of the Honda Financing's Low rate of 0.9% per year for 60 months. I did that when I bought an Acura in 2008 and it was fine and trouble free. However, after reading their reviews I'm inclined to pay cash.

Anyone here have any good or bad experiences with them?

·
Registered
686 Posts
0.9% is cheap money.

Devil is always in the details. I know in the past they had 0.9% for the first $10k or something like that.

If you can afford cash then pay cash but if you need your cash liquid then finance at the best rate with the best terms.

Credit Unions are generally the better option especially the specific trades one.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The only people who take the time to "rate" a finance company on Google are people who have an axe to grind.

I'm on my third loan with AHFC/AFS and they've been fantastic to work with, each time.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Had cheap financing on Honda Element and 11 MDX. Now have lease on 17 MDX. Never had any issues at all. In both of the financed vehicles, I promptly received the title after paying off the loan.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've used Acura or USAA financing for my last 5 cars depending on which have the lowest rates (depends if I'm buying used or new). Zero issues with Acura financing. Just a pain in the butt sometimes to get them to the lowest rate if you don't make it a point to ask for it up front. Sometimes USAA comes very close or ahead for used vehicles when I use the USAA car buying service+USAA auto bank payment feature together and get additional % drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts