Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Would you be interested in a group buy for a Front Air Deflector?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Already have one

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Don't want one

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be interested in a group buy for a Front Air Deflector?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes. Especially a clear front air deflector! :6:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would be interested, but was thinking of the Formfit deflector as opposed to the OEM ones. Although the OEM deflector looks like it may cover more area, I am mainly concerned with the protector covering the front edge of the hood. Can anyone with a formfit deflector confirm that the Formfits do a good job of protecting the leading edge? (I would assume this to be the case, otherwise, whats the use.)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm referring to the Formfit deflector from Tim @ HondaAcuraWorld. I'm not interested in the OEM deflector.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have had my Form Fit ( I bought from Tim) for just about one year now. All I can say is that my hood is free from hits. I assume that the deflector is partly responsible for that. The leading edge is clean as a whistle.
I like the appearance of the Form Fit much better than the Acura one, and I have received many favorable comments.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
The FormFit wraps around the front of the hood except over the head light area. Very easy install by the way and IMHO looks better than the OEM version.:D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Already got the formfit from Tim at the previous groupbuy. :2:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
phins2rt said:
The FormFit wraps around the front of the hood except over the head light area. Very easy install by the way and IMHO looks better than the OEM version.:D
Mega Dittos! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would be in for a formfit group buy.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Clear Formfit. Me too.
Did you know they should be painted on the reverse side?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Perfect timing. This is the next accessory I have lined up to buy.

Has anybody painted their clear deflector to either match or contrast the body color? Why paint it, you ask? I don't like the clips/mounting tabs showing from underneath and I'm trying to stay away from the smoked version.

Thanks.

GSRpilot

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The cost on hondaacuraworld.com (from Tim) is $109. Hopefully we'll hear from him on a group buy price. Tim??:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Form fit versus OEM Acura

Does anyone have close up pics fo the FORM FIT delfecotr versus the OEM Acura one and is TIM doing a group buy on these and at what price?

Thanks
Vinny

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vinman 3:

I sent Tim an email yesterday, so hopefully I'll either get one back from him, or if he goes for it, we'll see it posted on the home page. I'll post when I hear from him.:)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just noticed the Group Buy for May is for chrome sidesteps. Maybe he'll do the FormFit for June. If more members let him know, hopefully that will help!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts