Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know what you guys think about the cowboys' playoff chances next year. i think under parcells, even though he's a great coach, won't bring the cowboys to the playoffs next year. i might be wrong though.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Not next year (2003-2004 season), but maybe, just maybe, the year after (2004-2005 season). Certainly by year three I see the Cowboys going to the playoffs under Parcells.

But by year four, he'll quit in typical Parcells fashion, and say he'll never, ever coach again. Then we'll hear rumors again a year later.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I think its possible, but they'll need to make some good personnel moves this off season.

Is Parcells going to sign Jake Plummer?
What about Emmitt Smith?
Offensive line shake up?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I'm torn between rooting for Parcells but I simply can't root for the Cowboys (who's fans are sudden'y popping up again).

I think Emmitt is gone. . . they do have a decent young defense. They are simply awful on offense. It'll probably take Bill one bad season and they'll be vying for a playoff spot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i agree with laborlitigator. i don't think parcells will keep emmitt smith. emmitt just hasn't performed like previous years when he was in his prime. and the question about jake plummer? i think the cowboys have to go for him. if plummer's under parcells for a year, he has to improve. i also think jerry jones has to find a new offensive line coach. hutchinson looked like a ragged doll behind that line.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In a word...

no...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually remember some quarterback controversy the last couple weeks. mike martz has decided to give the starting quarterback position "open for competition." so if bulger or warner get the job, one might be tempted by dallas to be the starter there. there was also the talk that since maddox will start for the steelers, stewart wants out because he doesn't want to ride the bench so a trade might develop in pittsburg. there's also the upcoming draft where i think parcells will get a running back or offensive lineman (could be wrong). but anyways, there are other candidates for starting qb than jake plummer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Odd that no one from Dallas replied (I have been away for a week - so catching up on posts).

Parcells may be a good coach, but it'll take at least 2 years with terrific drafts of player trades to get the Cowboys back to the playoffs.

Also -as long as Jerry Jones thinks he can pick players & "coach them" - the Cowboys will never be competitive. The only thing Jones did right was bring in Jimmy Johnson & le thim run the players. As soon as Johnson got the Cowboys to a Superbowl - Jerry kicked him out so he could run the team.

What the cowboys need is an owner that doesn't meddle, a GM that can pick personnel & a good coach. So far, they only have a good coach...................the owner & GM is both one & the same & is a total idiot.

End of soapbox - thanks for listening..............

Oh by the way - I have always been a Cowboys fan - just can't stand to see Jerry Jones ruining a great franchise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts