Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Do you share your MDX?

• No, I'm the one and only driver of MY MDX!

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Well, I let him/her drive it sometimes.

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Yes, we both drive it about the same amount.

Votes: 29 21.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our garage has always housed "his" and "hers" vehicles. We just got our mdx 8 days ago and we're trying to decide who's it is.

Our other car is 2000 Solara, which I have been driving and still love. It was the first car we got together and it replaced my '97 4Runner lease. At the time, I really wanted another SUV but was talked out of it.

My husband (up until last week) has driven the same car since college - a Toyota Supra - not the best car for New England winters. He wanted to get a BMW 5-series but I insisted we get another SUV. So he researched and chose the MDX (did a darn good job, too!).

Even though I'm the one who needs the MDX (transporting dogs for the shelter I work for, landscape & home improvement projects, furniture shopping, etc) I think he really deserves it! So we are going to try to share it. I really only need it 3 days a week. The only problem I forsee is having to swap cds all the time; we don't listen to the same music.

Does anyone else have a similar dilema?

·
Registered
76 Posts
:cool: Since I drive an average of 80 mile a day six days a week and my wife drives an average of 40 miles a day five days a week, I quickly realized it was in my best interest that she drive the MDX. I swap cars with her 2 days a week, just to be able to enjoy my investment. My wife was dead set against my spending $40K on a vehicle and initially told me she would not drive the MDX. I got around that one since I am the first to leave in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I thinks it gives me comfort in preserving the life of my MDX and knowing my better half can enjoy it even if she will not admit it.:D ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, the MDX is definitely my wife's vehicle and not mine. Even though I was the one that really pushed to get the MDX, it is still hers. The reason is, she drives our son around during the week, but on the weekends I drive everywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have added "He/she lets ME drive it sometimes" as one of the options! ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Jorge said:
;) :cool: P.s. I'm also a SEMINOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have cures for that now! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Proud to be a fuzzy bee!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Fuzzy bee ...

... as in Geogia Tech Yellow Jackets? And I thought I was the only GT grad here?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: Fuzzy bee ...

msu79gt82 said:
... as in Geogia Tech Yellow Jackets? And I thought I was the only GT grad here?
Yup, you betcha. Ramblin' wrecki from Georgia Tech, and a hell of an Engineer! :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
How about a poll? Who drives the MDX the most in your household?

Male?
Female?

I have been watching the RX300 drivers in particular...here are my results:

Female: 82%
Male: 18%

I wonder what the breakout would be for MDX's.....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Driver Breakdown

Close to 50-50, but the wife drives it more.

Probably more like her 60 and me 40.
The TL-S on the other hand is reverse, me 60 and her 40.

However she has the Number 1 Keyfob or both cars and I get Number 2. Not sure what that means.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I let my wife drive the X to work most of days. But weekend, it is ALL mine. :D Oops, she doesn't like to drive while both of us go out together, so I will be the driver. :2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I researched it,
I decided on it,
I found the one we wanted,
I negotiated the deal,
I brought it home,

She drives it.....

PS I do get to wash it........:confused:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Previously, the missus and I shared cars, depending on how far we were going and what we were hauling. But I've become fanatical enough about the 'X, parking way out, washing it every couple days, and being generally obsessive that she's decided to pretty much have no part of it. So I guess it's mine :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts