Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2003 MDX is at the dealer as we speak for a whine that cropped up after fluids were changed @ 105K miles. I have done the Motor mounts,timing belt, water pump, brakes and really want to keep it. The dealer says the 2003 did not have the same trans issues so I let them replace the front differential (they said it was the cause of the whine) Today they are still having the same problem and they think we may have a bad replacement part from Acura. I hope this is not leading to the Trans as I quizzed them about it from the start. To be continued.
Definitely give us an update on the resolution. I'm curious as to whether it is indeed a transmission issue or if replacing the front differential resolves your issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 mdx touring edition with 106,000miles and so far the only problem I have is I nasty roaring sound every time I turn my wheel.
and when I step on the break it does a click sound...

anyone can help me find what is making this heavy growl...? any thing to open my eyes to go out and look for prices is very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

-Cynthia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own an MDX 2003 with a mileage of 170K. My repairman tells me that at some point I have to make a "decision". Actually, I am pretty happy with it. No major repair so far. Most of it due to travel to Southern California, Tahoe, Las Vegas and around bay area freeway. By reading in this forum I understand I have to replace transmission, timing belt etc. My question is does anyone own an MDX with that much mileage? If I spend about 5-6k, I would expect to drive till 250k.
Yes you will, don't believe everything being said in this forum for one they are not mechanics and know very little AS I READ THEIR ARTICLES I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME UNDERSTAND THEIR LOGIC.
If your vehicle has been maintained regularly and does not burn oil, has good oil pressure and timing components replaced and in general overall has been maintained 300,000 + miles before any major overhaul is possible. Most transmission problems arise from negligence I have an MDX here that the fluid looks like dirty motor oil and low about 3 qts. The past owner of this vehicle also talked the big mechanic talk
Good luck and remember if you have a honest mechanic is cheaper to keep her

21 - 23 of 23 Posts