Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent visually inspected them yet.But for a while now it seems more bouncey,when I do the "re-bounce" test on the rear in comfort mode I get almost 3 bounces but in sport mode maybe a 1/2 bounce,the front both sides maybe a 1/2 continue bounce,so I'm thinking just the rears.For awhile it has seemed loose and bouncey in comfort mode and in sport mode it feels jiggley,like every little bump from corner to corner front to back side to side is going different directions(if you put a plank of wood on a spring and tried to balance on it).I've always disliked the feel of sport mode,too stiff but the car still feels all the bumps so have always driven in comfort and mostly city driving on bad Michigan roads.
Based on what I've read here its due for struts having 90k mls.Would like some thoughts on what others think of the feel of the SUV in the diiferent modes and if the bounce test in comfort is good indicator likely needs rear struts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you replace just the struts or other components w/in the suspension?I found best price of $380ish/Qty.2 for the struts only at acura parts warehouse dot com,I'm fine with that price to fix the potential ride issue.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I found best price of $380ish/Qty.2 for the struts only at acura parts warehouse dot com
Just to clarify, that is $386 EACH piece. ;)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I would suspect your rears are leaking. Were your fronts replaced with the recall/TSB? I had mine done at about 75K.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
visual inspection shows right rear leaking,strut covered in oil/grease.I'm trying to verify the part #,2 online acura parts stores but part #'s different(52610-STX-A54 vs. 52610-STX-A52),I have the Sport model w/electronic suspension.Will either work?Also,I dont show a "open recall" for the front strut/TSB as mentioned by phins2rt,have had my X almost 3yrs,would love to have the open recall and replace fronts for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts