Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this today when checking the tire pressure on the spare. Do I have a bolt missing? (at the red arrow?)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Did not think about checking pressure in the spare.

hhwc said:
Just noticed this today when checking the tire pressure on the spare.
Ops! I have never thought to check the pressure on the spare. What pressure is required for the donut?

I thought I was doing real well the last few days when we had our first cold spell. Figured with the drop in temperature that the pressure would be lower in the tires. I checked about 2 weeks ago and the pressure was OK. When I checked two days ago the tires were 2 lbs. low.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't recall the pressure required for the donut. I do remember it is specified in the owner's manual.

I bought a new rim (thanks Tim) and tire so I have a F/S spare now.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Remember to check the pressure on the SPARE. I believe it needs to be somewhere around 60.

Last year, I needed to USE spare on the Christmas day [On my old car]. The spare doesn't have enough air in it. Once I rolled down the jack [and before I drive/move the car], the spare tire becomes FLAT tire. :eek:

So, make sure to check the pressure on the spare tire.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hhwc said:
Just noticed this today when checking the tire pressure on the spare. Do I have a bolt missing? (at the red arrow?)

Thanks!
I missed the bolt as well. So either it is normal to everyone or both of us are in bad situation. :confused:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Re: Do I have a bolt missing?

JTM said:

I missed the bolt as well. So either it is normal to everyone or both of us are in bad situation. :confused:
I'm not sure if i have a bolt missing, but i've been told i have a screw loose:2:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hhwc,

Checked ours just now. Two bolts on left, 1 on right exactly like yours. It sure looks like this is the way Acura wanted it (doesn't look like a 2nd bolt can be used on the right).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like nothing is wrong.

Still wondering though...why the asymmetry?? Odd. I guess I'm just being my engineer self...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts