Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

DIYer for OBDII Scanner

18K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Master_P 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had any expiernece with an OBDII reader that is capable of reading MIL codes, SRS, ABS and possibly more for Acura and Honda cars?

I did find this article: https://www.youcanic.com/guide/obd-ii-scanner-honda-acura

But wanted to reach out to my fellow MDXers for their opinion and experience from other OBDII readers capable for reading said codes.

thanks

#3 ·
If you have a smart phone, download the APP Torque. Then go to Ebay and buy a OBD dongle. Plug it in, start the car pair the dongle to your smart phone app. Once you have it working you can work through Torque picking features you want to monitor. Torque can read out everything the mfg puts on the OBDII port, plus it will scan and clear codes.
All for less than 20 dollars.

#5 ·
Yes... Picked this up Autel MD805 All system ,auto ABS airbag SRS EPD Engine Transmission TPMS Diagnostic tool Awesome tool great for Honda/Acura vehicles will work on American ,Asian and European cars. avoid the al619 and get this MD805

Autel direct online store.Yes... Picked this up Autel MD805 All system ,auto ABS airbag SRS EPD Engine Transmission TPMS Diagnostic tool Awesome tool great for Honda/Acura vehicles will work on American ,Asian and European cars. avoid the al619 and get this MD805

Autel direct online store:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aut...af-41c4-8c5a-0dd91bfc3aab&transAbTest=ae803_5

If you want good basic go for the foxwell NT301 for your Honda/Acura as well as other vehicles many here own them

#6 ·
I'm wondering the same . . . I've been successfully using "AUTEL MD802 ALL SYSTEMS" on my Merc. It did almost everything except a few thngs like actuating valves or switches which are only possible with very expensive "Star Diagnostic System". Worked flawlessly in reading and erasing codes from ALL SYSTEMS in Merc, but never tried on Acura just yet.

#8 ·
Does anyone know if the ScanGauge II able to read the transmission temperature on the 16 MDX? That's the only thing i'm looking for. I heard someone also says, you can either use Thermal Imaging Gun or Temperature Gun will work? I just need something to check the Transmission temperature.

I saw this guy replacing the transmission and he's using the temp gun. I am not sure if it read accurate?

<iframe width="1254" height="705" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#9 ·
Does anyone know if the ScanGauge II able to read the transmission temperature on the 16 MDX? That's the only thing i'm looking for. I heard someone also says, you can either use Thermal Imaging Gun or Temperature Gun will work? I just need something to check the Transmission temperature.

I saw this guy replacing the transmission and he's using the temp gun. I am not sure if it read accurate?
Yes, it can. I have done it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Will this work also? or is it overkill for just doing the transmission temp only? What's the Code you entered on the ScanGaugeII?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.