Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a difficult time trying to find a thread to reference during my install this weekend so I figured why not help my fellow mdxers out ;). The time lapse video shows only the drivers (left side) but the process is the same for the passenger side.

Here is a quick time lapse video http://youtu.be/-720OpwhDb0

These are the steps I took but there is more than 1 way to cook a steak.

1. Remove the factory air box (I have a short ram intake so i skipped this step but it will make your life easier to remove the top cover at the very least)
  2. Remove the gray cap directly behind the projector
  3. Push in and turn left to remove the igniter and set it aside
  4. There are two clips on the back of the headlight push these in to release the bulb
  5. Remove the old bulb
  6. With the grooves facing up install the new bulb (Do not tough any part other than the base of the headlight
  7. Now you may replace the igniter and rear cap
  8. Test your headlight
  9. Replace the air box
  10. The passenger side is the same process you just set the power steering reservoir aside instead of the air box and you have less space to work
I went with Orsam 5000k D2S bulbs. I would not recommend using anything less than a reputable brand (Phillips, Orsam or Sylvania).

This is a pretty short DIY and should take no longer than 45 mins. Let me know if you have any questions I am always happy to help.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Nice write up! :29:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts