1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
62 Posts
I watched the video and thanked the poster. After watching that and seeing how easy it is it really angers me how much the dealer charges. Poster said dealer wanted $220! At $135 an hour we are to deduce that this would take the dealer almost 1.6 hours?? A trained tech 1.6hours? The poster admittedly was a novice DIY and he did it in under 30 min. I understand dealers charging more because they need to pay overheard etc but still, it's highway robbery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought a cargo cover for my MDX 2011 did not need to drill any thing just install in a 2 minutes!:29::headshake

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watched the video and thanked the poster. After watching that and seeing how easy it is it really angers me how much the dealer charges. Poster said dealer wanted $220! At $135 an hour we are to deduce that this would take the dealer almost 1.6 hours?? A trained tech 1.6hours? The poster admittedly was a novice DIY and he did it in under 30 min. I understand dealers charging more because they need to pay overheard etc but still, it's highway robbery.
If you do the install once, or watch the video it should take you only ten minutes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you do the install once, or watch the video it should take you only ten minutes.
For a car that cost over 50K this cargo cover should come with the car. Not sure why we have to buy it and to top it we have to make holes in the car. Acura :28::eek::mad:

·
Registered
695 Posts
That is pretty ridiculous when I know how the 2002 cargo cover works....and the safety net has been abandoned too...way to cheap out Acura.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the cargo cover among other things in our new '14 and took it out the next day. I found it blocked the cargo area too much, is too low to the cargo floor in general and cuts down on available room if that makes sense. Kind of aggravating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking into purchasing a cargo cover for my 2017 and I watched the posted videos above. I noticed I have carpet where you would drill a hole for the cargo cover to latch onto at the tailgate. What’s the protocol for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Curious if you can have both the cargo cover and the cargo net @ the same time? It would appear @ first glance the mounting block for the cover is near the same position as the post for the cargo net

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Curious if you can have both the cargo cover and the cargo net @ the same time? It would appear @ first glance the mounting block for the cover is near the same position as the post for the cargo net

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
yup, at least on my 2019 we have the cargo cover installed and on occasion use the net as well.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Same here, I have the OEM cargo net and cover installed on my 19 MDX. The cargo cover clip near the rear hatch has a place under the cover attachment for the net to connect without interfering with the cover. It sucks that my 11 MDX had the net clips and cargo cover runner already installed from the factory for 5 minute plug-n-play net/cover installation.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For a car that cost over 50K this cargo cover should come with the car. Not sure why we have to buy it and to top it we have to make holes in the car. Acura :28::eek::mad:
I agree with this 100%. And let's add fog lights to the discussion also. Only on Advance??? Really???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts