Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the sound of knocking/ticking engine noise before and after front camshaft replacement. Notice I rev up to 3000 RMP

Before camshaft replacement:

After camshaft replacement:
Hi, thanks for posting this important information. I have the same tapping noise on my honda 2012 oddysey. I remove the valve cover and verify tha camlube it looks just like the one on your picture. I just order the new camshaft and I will be replacing it following your instruction. thanks. Two question, did you replaced the rocker arm or just the camshaft? it is being a while since you replaced yours, did the tapping nosie returned, did you have to replace the back camshaft too? My tapping noise seems to be from the front camshaft. I inspected the back one and it looks fine. Should I replace the front and back, or is the front one the one that typically needs replacement? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi, thanks for posting this important information. I have the same tapping noise on my honda 2012 oddysey. I remove the valve cover and verify tha camlube it looks just like the one on your picture. I just order the new camshaft and I will be replacing it following your instruction. thanks. Two question, did you replaced the rocker arm or just the camshaft? it is being a while since you replaced yours, did the tapping nosie returned, did you have to replace the back camshaft too? My tapping noise seems to be from the front camshaft. I inspected the back one and it looks fine. Should I replace the front and back, or is the front one the one that typically needs replacement? thanks for your help.

If there is no damage on rocker arm roller, leave it. You just replace what is damaged. There is no need to change camshaft if there is no damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi ,

It’s me. 2011blackUmberMDX. I don’t have anymore issue after the camshaft replacement.
Just replace the camshaft only. My rockers ram still good. I don’t have anymore tapping noise. I only replaced the front camshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi ,

It’s me. 2011blackUmberMDX. I don’t have anymore issue after the camshaft replacement.
Just replace the camshaft only. My rockers ram still good. I don’t have anymore tapping noise. I only replaced the front camshaft.

you still have MDX? Maybe you changed compression rings on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,

Thanks you for the information. I am taking a part my engine to replace it. I am a bit confident that this is it. thanks to you. will keep you updated. thanks again.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts