Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that Granite Green & Mahagony
colors have been discontinued. Granit Green
was an awesome color, why discontinue that.

Also I heard that they will NOT produce
that questionable color Havesau Blue.

Any input???????

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
At my last routine service visit ...

... I overheard a Sales Rep mention that Mahagony was being discontinued, so apparently there is truth to these rumors.

I do ot really know anything about the blue, but I do find it odd to be on such an extended "hold."

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
There are a couple on threads on the blue if you do a search. I would be surprised if blue is cancelled. All along I have heard (mostly on this site) that the blue would be replacing GG (it is somewhat similar) in April (i.e. right now). If they cancel GG and Blue then I don't know what the logic is.

·
681 Posts
Dealers Unaware of Blue Drop

As of last saturday, the manager of my local dealership told me that he had several Havesau Blue on order. Apparently, if that color is not going to be produced they haven't gotten around to telling the dealers yet.:confused:

·
Registered
928 Posts
discontinue GG? I think it is one of the best choices. So, this would leave only Red Rock, White, Black, Silver and Biege??? that's stupid. If they do, I think the resale of GG's will JUMP, not faint. How can you go wrong with this color?

Personally, I think both Red Rock and Mohoganny should have been ditched and Rosewood (see Nissan's) color introduced.

I saw one MDX not long ago repainted in Rosewood (or whatever similar color name). Looked incredible!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hum

GG turning into a dino in 1 ½ years…..oh well…would of prefered white anyway.:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
what tics me off is that Acura, unlike most other luxury divisions, uses the same colors for MDX as Honda for Odyssey...

I would really like to see the Havasu Blue's pictures

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Mahogany Rules Baby

I always preferred the MDX in darker colors, as did many of the early professional reviewers:D

I agree with Rail the Rosewood is not all that different from Mahagony.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Question for Rail

I asked TheWorm in another thread and he was not 100% sure.

What is the finish on the OEM Steps? Are they PAINTED black or are they POWDERCOATED black? Thanks, if you know.

Thanks even if you don't know:cool:

·
Registered
928 Posts
you know i must've been temporarily color-blinded (or have not seen too many Mohoganies in my area), but Rails (very cool) MDX does resemble the color I mentioned. on the contrary, I sought it was the Mohogany color that had a bit of purple in it (I may have to talk to my wife, now I am convinced that women and 'happy men' see different color gammas than men).

btw, very nice rims, again I wish I did not leave in the city.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Thanks Rail:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discontinuing Colors

I was told they are discontinuing GG and DMP to use on the Honda Pilot. GO figure.
:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Acura web site

Mahagony (DMP) no longer on the acura web site. That tells me officialy that color is definetly going.

Oh Well!!!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Honda & Acura 'sharing' colors

Krc217 said:
I was told they are discontinuing GG and DMP to use on the Honda Pilot. GO figure.

I think it is STOOOPID of Honda to offer the same pallete on Honda & Acura.

I know, I know, the factory is the SAME, but they ought to offer distinctive colors.

Lexus does this.

Infiniti does this.

Heck, Cadillac, Lincoln, & Chrysler even do this.

With the Pilot this is even MORE important. If American Honda is SERIOUS about being successful with Honda & Acura branded cars sharing so much, they NEED to do everything they can to make the premium for the "silver A" WORTH IT!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts