Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought a second 2003 acura mdx to eventually replace the current one we drive.is in really nice shape but needs a transmission.it came with no key fob and an aftermarket radio,no biggie. I order a key fob from dorman nd follow the instruction to a fault,damn thing will cycle once and then nothing.so I program the new fob to our daily driver and it works perfect..this would not be an issue except that the alarm goes off constantly on its own for no reason.its in the garage with the battery disconnected for now.is there a way to totally disable the security?i don't need it,i doubt anyone want to steal my old acura,lol. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am not clear as to whether this is the factory alarm (horn and lights) or some sort of aftermarket alarm siren.
If it is aftermarket, then typically you would turn the key to the 'on' position (KOEO) and flip the toggle switch or push the button which is typically located under the dash on the driver's side or wherever the installer decided to put it. If there is a small LED indicator is should be illuminated solid. You have then bypassed the aftermarket security system.
I really despise these security systems.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply,its a factory security system.damn thing goes off in both cars if you insert key into door lock and turn it clockwise.if you turn the key counter clockwise the alarms dot go off.what a pain in my but.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so once again I went with the oem key fob and after 3 trys I got it to work.lock unlock and panic are all a go.man these alarms are crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts