Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is it just me or does the dirt really like my Zaino? I've found that when I wash my MDX with my power washer the dirt does not come off as easily (actually not much comes off at all) as it does with other products (Meguires Gold Class). Must use wash mitt to get dirt off. Has anybody else had the same experience? I find this kind of frustrating. Use lots of Z-6 after each wash and doesn't seem to have any effect. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Camper

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Must be the Winterpeg dirt. ;) Are you using z7 wash w/the power washer, or just H2O?

·
Registered
128 Posts
weird . . someone from SF knows about "winterpeg" reference

heres a backwards theory for you . . . the powerwasher was not only removing the dirt before, it was also removing your wax ? :D

i find a lot of dirt just runs of my cars - with only a hose, then the spray and wipe . . . sure, a film is left after the pressurized water stops, like a touchless car wash . . .

·
Registered
392 Posts
camper said:
Ok, is it just me or does the dirt really like my Zaino? I've found that when I wash my MDX with my power washer the dirt does not come off as easily (actually not much comes off at all) as it does with other products (Meguires Gold Class). Must use wash mitt to get dirt off. Has anybody else had the same experience? I find this kind of frustrating. Use lots of Z-6 after each wash and doesn't seem to have any effect. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Camper
My car seems to stay almost spotless since i zaino'ed it. A hard rain almost seems to clean it! May be the power washer is somehow removing the zaino? I tell ya, I am a converted true believer in zaino!:cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
My problem has more been with dust than dirt. I thought Zaino was to repel dust not attract it. As soon as the wind blows it just clings to it. I've used ZFX on all 22 coats.

Anyone find that not using ZFX attracts less dust?

·
Registered
392 Posts
accmdx said:
...........Anyone find that not using ZFX attracts less dust?
I used Z1 as my base and then have three coats of ....hmmmm....the polish, what is that again, i should have it memorized, but don't.......z2(?) and z6 at least four or five times. I don't have any particular problem with dust. But the car is garaged, maybe that helps too. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts