Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had their dealer exchange base rims for touring rims prior to purchase. If so, how much did they charge you??

·
Registered
282 Posts
I found a dealer in Seattle Washington who sent me a set of 4 brand new touring rims with Michelin tires. He shipped them to me for $1050 including shipping. He had a customer picking up a new MDX and did not want the factory rims since the dealer put some 18's on for him. Aftermarket of course.

I ended up selling my old ones (with 10,00 miles on it) for about $200 each on this site plus shipping. My total was $250 out of the pocket for new rims AND tires. Definitely worth it to me.

My opinion - the Michelin's blow away the Goodyears. Side note - my friend at work just bought a 2002 Corolla which came with the same Goodyears as base MDX (diff size of course).

If interested I could get you the name of the contact person in Seattle.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm wondering why you want to do this. Some on this forum question the value of the Touring extras, I'm not one of them. We use and like all of the touring stuff except one item and that is the rims. I can't see hardly any difference and do not think the touring rims are any better than the base, although the tires are an improvement.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rims are always just an opinion thing. Some people don't really care much for them and some people go nuts with them. If I could afford or get a deal on 20 inches, I would do it.

In my opinion, I think the touring rims look way better than the base ones. I think the finish is also a little better. Plus, the Michelins look and perform much better than the Goodyears.

Also, fromt he outside, the rims, and the luggage rack (which I have) make the base look just like the touring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts