Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably not your typical X owner as I just traded in my Lexus IS300 for a silver 03 MDX (8 days ago). But as a father of 2 little ones I figured this would be a good rig and boy was I right! I am smitten with this car!

My question is this (apologies if this is in some FAQ):

I bought the base ("premium"?) model and was wondering what the exact differences in stereos to the touring model are. I think the touring has 10 speakers vs the standard 7 in mine, but what about the sub? Are they the same?

BTW, the only mods I've done so far are to order the color matched body moldings which I put on myself - makes the body lines look a lot better, IMO.

The only other comment as a newbie is that I'm tending to stare at the little mileage meter thingy as I drive ("oh jeez, it just went down to 5mph!"). Hopefully I'll get used to it....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know about the following differences between Touring and Premium sound systems

Touring

Bose speakers
7 speakers + 1 Sub
In-Dash 6 CD changer

Premium

Alpine speakers
6 Speakers + 1 Sub
No CD changer only a single CD player

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
The Touring w/RES has the 6 disc changer under the driver's seat as well as one-disc in the dash.

The speakers on the Touring are all B(l)ose (2 ohm) where as the premium has Alpine speakers (4 ohm all around I believe). Either way, get rid of these and put in the Infinity's at the very least. Just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts