Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased Bubba mostly through the Internet. That is, I used the Acura website to specify the model, color and options I wanted, contacted the "Internet sales managers" at several area dealers, and eventually purchased the MDX through one of the Internet sales managers. At one point, I did actually visit a dealer, not only to have them evaluate my trade-in but also to just be near some Acuras (no MDX on the lot) and MDX-related stuff -- you folks waiting for your MDX know what I mean :D. Anyway, I picked up one of the brochures on accessories and noticed something: the accessory MSRPs were higher than what I saw on the Internet! For instance, the MSRP for the running boards was about $200 MORE than the MSRP on the Internet. They have DIFFERENT accessory MSRPs for accessories on the Internet versus the brick-and-mortar MSRPs -- the Internet is LESS!

Well, only a few hundred dollars on a $40K car, who cares? I do! Think how much premium gas that buys :) .

I found the Internet-style purchase to be really hassle free. It also appears to result in a slightly better deal.

I wonder if this is a nation-wide situation, or just something at my dealer. I think it's probably nation-wide...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
No Test Drive?

I love my MDX - but I would never buy anything without a test drive.

Regarding Accessories - if you browse this site at all then you have heard of Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com get your accassories from him. Best price best service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are correct that the prices for accessories can be quite different. Acura.com states the "official?" MSRP for the accessories, but carry a disclaimer that the dealer prices may vary! Each dealer sets their own price for accessories, based on their own labor rates, the moon, how much they can get by with, etc. Best to shop around. My dealer in KC followed the acura.com prices to the letter, which is why many of my accessories came from Tim at Hondaacuraworld.com at a discount!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts