Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondering what the difference between base or tech package driver side mirror and advanced package driver side mirror. The part # is different and I have a deal for one. My driver is crack... so

Want to be sure before to buy.

Thanks everyone ?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Hi wondering what the difference between base or tech package driver side mirror and advanced package driver side mirror. The part # is different and I have a deal for one. My driver is crack... so

Want to be sure before to buy.

Thanks everyone ?
This may sound silly,but why don’t you order the one for your specific car?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Does Advance have auto-dimming side mirrors? I know that is a feature of 2019 RDX advance. Pretty sure USA spec MDXs do not have power folding mirrors. The real question is whether the wiring harness connections are different.

A good deal on the wrong part could turn out to be pretty expensive if you have to mess with wiring to hook it up.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Does Advance have auto-dimming side mirrors? I know that is a feature of 2019 RDX advance. Pretty sure USA spec MDXs do not have power folding mirrors. The real question is whether the wiring harness connections are different.

A good deal on the wrong part could turn out to be pretty expensive if you have to mess with wiring to hook it up.
OP doesn’t say what year is owned. At least my 17 has power folding mirrors. My 14 did not.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My 2017 Advance (US) has both auto-dimming and power-folding capabilities.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I'd make the decision simple - buy the one that corresponds to your year and trim level and don't try to go overboard trying to determine the differences between the different ones. Of course, if the same year/trim shows multiple part numbers now you need to figure out which one applies to yours. The dealer may know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd make the decision simple - buy the one that corresponds to your year and trim level and don't try to go overboard trying to determine the differences between the different ones. Of course, if the same year/trim shows multiple part numbers now you need to figure out which one applies to yours. The dealer may know.
I know but $150 for a mirror instead of $500 it's interesting. I have a 2014 max tech package with blue tint mirror. Other then the useless capability of dimming capability for this advanced mirror everything else is exactly the same wiring. Not a big deal for me. ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know but $150 for a mirror instead of $500 it's interesting. I have a 2014 max tech package with blue tint mirror. Other then the useless capability of dimming capability for this advanced mirror everything else is exactly the same wiring. Not a big deal for me. ?
If the only difference is auto dimming you're probably will be ok, it just won't auto-dimm since your harness is probably not pinned for the sensor.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Tech has power folding and not auto dimming
The USA version of the 2014 Tech didn't have either power folding side mirrors or auto dimming side mirrors.

This is an area that's not universal hence the multiple part numbers and my suggestion to just get the matching number - the particular options varied from trim level (base, tech, advance), year, and country of sale, ex: Canadian options in this area were different than the USA options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.