Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I took delivery of a 2003 MDX with 10 on the odo 6/3. Now, 4 days later with about 80 mile on the odo the car will not turn over... just the c-c-clicking of buyer's remorse.

I'm going to call the dealer and have it picked up... I will probably be looking at the Infiniti FX45/35... more horsepower, better warranty and a few dollars more.

Or, I will just see how badly the dealer wants a 5-star rating. Oh, the 2001 TL I have had the battery go kaput 6/2 after 2 years and that is why I was at the dealer in the first place. I know... the irony of it all is not lost on me.

T.

· Registered
2 Posts
Followup...

Okay... well, I still have the MDX and after speaking personally with the General Manager, Wayne Wright (probably the easiest 'man in charge' I have ever met) I feel better about the future. He took care of the whole thing personally and with great interest.

He refunded the purchase price of the TL's new battery (he was dismayed that it wasn't done by the New Car GM). The window tinting...FREE!! Since we prepaid cash for the tinting we got a check for that on the spot.

Wayne also made sure that the new battery was load tested and the electrical system checked out. The battery swap was made without the loss of any of our presets!! He also made sure that the source of the problem was researched and it was determined that the original battery had a bad cell.

All in all... he said we could return the vehicle without question if we are, in the least bit, dissatisfied.

Wayne was understanding and I felt he sympathized with our situation. His lack of arrogance was refreshing and this was a rare departure from most of the car dealers I have had to deal with (this is why I have held onto my 1992 4Runner for so long...never left me stranded either!)

Anyway... with the assurances of the GM and the level of effort to make things right I will give the Acura brand a second chance, don't get me wrong...I and mine really DO like the vehicle and really appreciate its value).

Sometimes you get lucky...
Travis Hamilton

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.