Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the old t belt and compared to the new one and the news one is shorter. Are these t belt have the same number of teeth. It seem my new t belt is 4-5 teeth shorter than the old belt. Is it because the is stretched as it getting older.

So I the installed new t belt, water pump tensioner , idler and adjusting pulley. Did a few turns to make sure the #1 on the front cam, the vertical line on rear cam and the crankshaft sprocket are lined up. And every repeatedly perfectly.

Now time to do the from valves adjustment with the new camshaft installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Either old belt was wrong or more likely new belt is wrong belt. Belts should be identical.

good luck

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many teeth does the t belt came with the AISIN KIT #002 have? I count my old OEM belt and it has 198 teeth. I can count the new belt because is in the engine.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A check shows Mitsuboshi cd329 to be correct belt for =your vehicle. You must have made a mistake in the comparison w/ old belt.

good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
A check shows Mitsuboshi cd329 to be correct belt for =your vehicle. You must have made a mistake in the comparison w/ old belt.

good luck

Maybe just me, but counting TB teeth is tricky...very easy to miscount. I always count until I get the same number twice.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Length of the belt should not really matter as long as it fits and the tensioner works. Its the pitch of the teeth that is important.

That was what my thinking. I searched online and said new belt always tighter than old one. Anyway everything works without any hiccups!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Lenth is critical. The tensioner has a very limited ability to absorb slack. An overlength belt would never tighten properly and an underlength belt would likely be impossible to install.

good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts