Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
BTW, price wise - I got the MDX for $47K, about the same deal for QX60.

P.S. New Pathfinder - the ugliest crossover on the market at this days IMO...

Wow, some great responses here!

I agree that you shouldn't rule out a car because of one bad salesperson. However, it becomes problematic if:
- The wifey REALLY like the fact that the Infiniti's 3rd row is accessible without removing the car seat
- She doesn't really care for the Acura ("they all feel and look the same")
- The Acura dealership was really a bad one, and the Infiniti one the opposite
- The Acura is $180 more a month to lease ($800 vs $620), and the Acura dealer offered $8,000 instead of $11,000 trade-in

I really, really wished the Acura would work out. Guess my secret plan is a 39mo Infiniti lease and then hopefully switch to the MDX in 2017.

On a side note: both the salesguy called back this morning "Any questions?" and I politely said no. His manager called back in the afternoon asking me why I didn't show up for my appointment (...), and I kindly summarized the story for him. I told him if he could give me a much better deal to please call me back to reconsider. Don't have high hopes here...

As far as Infiniti is concerned: I contacted 4 dealers requesting their best lease offers (also using the Edmunds forums which has some great information for Infiniti and Acura) and see how low I can go. I rather negotiate by email at this point after my initial visit, so the dreaded "let me talk to my manager" show can be avoided.
I don't know what year your trade was. But,the fact that the infinity dealer offered you $3000 more just means more of a discount off list price. I never expect more then what KBB or Edmunds shows for the car. Clearly,the Acura dealer wanted to make more money from you. You should have tried another dealer.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the MDX or QX60. They were both in our top 3, but we ultimately chose the MDX. They are both really nice vehicles. I won't consider another GMC though. Had one before, never again.

And whatever you do, stay away from those dealership salesmen! Just deal with the internet sales manager.

... I drove the Acura MDX 2015, Infiniti QX60 2014 and GMC Arcadia 2015.

GMC
Wow, what a difference. I felt that I walked into a Walmart. Pushy, sleazy sales people all fighting to get my attention. They did not have a Denali ready for a test drive. The sales rep was nice but I felt she was a bit clueless.

The GMC Arcadia looks nice on the outside, but this was the first time I actually have been inside of the Arcadia. What a disappointment. Not only does the car look and feel totally dated, but the materials are definitely one or two steps below the Infiniti and Acura. The car badly needs a redesign.
You don't mention if you drove the GMC but I had one (or was it a Chevy Traverse? I can't remember ...) as a rental last time I was in Miami and not only was the interior "quality" sub-par, the thing was a total turd to drive

As a result when I went shopping for an SUV the GMs weren't even on the list (nor was the Infiniti due to the wretched CVT) so it was a pretty easy choice

I wouldn't let the "dealership experience" turn me away from a car I want, I'd hit another dealership (or corner the sales manager at the one you went to) and make sure I'd get what I want

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.