Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these options? I'm interested in the paint protection and rust protection but getting the feeling that it's a gimmick or something, playing on the fears and if not's...

The both seem to make sense, just don't know how realistic they each are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm, when I was a kid yeah, and the tv show is being shot around here. but not to sure the context.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Anyone have experience with these options? I'm interested in the paint protection and rust protection but getting the feeling that it's a gimmick or something, playing on the fears and if not's...

The both seem to make sense, just don't know how realistic they each are.
These are money makers for the dealer. Polish the car regularly. They don't need rust protection. Save your money.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just wash your vehicle and wax it every now and then and that s/b all you need. You shouldn't need any special 'coatings/treatments' and don't ever buy any of these offerings from the dealer since it's mostly profit (and little substance) for them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmm... depends. I bought rust / paint protection package with my previous and this new cars. Yes I realize that I "probably" wasted ~ $900 but when spending $50,000 it's "blending-in" anyway, plus I prefer to deal with the dealership on ALL issues. My trailer hitch started rusting and they kept re-painting it every year at no charge. Plus some touch ups from various chips.Winters where I live are rough, snow/rains etc. so it does help, I have seen cars with and without protection after few years, noticeable difference. Paint shines over the years, I didn't bother to polish. So I'd say make some research and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Maybe it depends on where you live. Some towns, especially in parts of Canada, use dirt on roads in the winter. Lot's of stones in that dirt. Lots of chipped paint and windshields. California - adding it would probably detract from the appearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts