Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2016 MDX, and found that when I get a diagnostic message from the car, it comes up in French. I went and checked all the various menus, and everything seems to be set to English.

Before I waste a trip to the dealer, has any else seen this, and have a fix?
 

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Hi Donn,

Thank you for the quick reply. I checked the manual and menus and can’t figure out how to do change odo from km to m. Any guidance is much appreciated.
It should be in the vehicle settings. Just play around with every single setting til you find it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mdxbm

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Found another option to switch the Nav system to miles so did that too. Does anyone know if we get diagnostic messages if were not subscribed to Acuralink?
If anything gone wrong, you should get the message. But to get the cause/detail info, you will need a proper OBD reader to retrieve code.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mdxbm

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After watching all this chatter on this issue, I thought I would provide an update on the issue with my car. I had tried the settings mentioned here years ago, with no improvement. I also took it to the dealership, and they weren't able to fix it either. I had just lived with it being in French for the last year and a half. Then this week a new message appeared in English.

The only recent visit to the dealership was a trip back in June for a differential repair. This may have been the first message since.
 

·
Registered
2017 MDX Nav SH-AWD
Joined
·
5 Posts
After watching all this chatter on this issue, I thought I would provide an update on the issue with my car. I had tried the settings mentioned here years ago, with no improvement. I also took it to the dealership, and they weren't able to fix it either. I had just lived with it being in French for the last year and a half. Then this week a new message appeared in English.

The only recent visit to the dealership was a trip back in June for a differential repair. This may have been the first message since.
Update: The changes to km and miles I made in the two places earlier didn’t work for me. Later, I went through the Nav and reset vehicle settings to default, and a couple other settings to default, everything except phone and audio settings. I did the transmission reset also (for a different reason) and afterwards my diagnostic messages came in English.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top