Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Time to get our DFW/ North Texas Area Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later, and live in the DFW area.

Post your Area or Town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), accessories installed, future accessories and if not in D/FW, how far you live from there.

It would be fun to meet all fellow MDXers and possibly organize future events.

If this post looks similar to AtlantaMDX's it's because I shamelessly plagiarized most of his post:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Damn, I thought that was a finely worded post! :) And I thougth it seemed familiar! Congrats on getting the new section started.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Ah, I finally found this thread....it is buried on the bottom of the page....maybe we can sweet talk the moderator into moving this thread higher up on the "Club" section....:D :D :D

Come on, help us get started.....;)

Count me in.....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rspitz,

By all means - you & all of So TX is invited. I just thought most wouldn't want to make the drive - but based on the "overwhelming" response to the roll call - I May have to extend the club to the next 10 or so neighboring states :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Finally...

I was wondering when a Texas thread would get started.

Here goes...

My name is Sawrin from Allen, I work in Dallas. I have a '01 SS Touring MDX with Navi purchased on Feb 8, 2001 from David McDavid. From the dealer, I got the Running Boards, Hitch, Wheel Locks, and Mud Guards. I actually took in Tim's prices and they beat it on those items. From Tim, I got the cargo cover, moon roof visor and the burlwood shifter.

Currently my wife drives the MDX since we have a 2 month old son and I feel safer with him in that vehicle.

If the weather does turn icy this week, then I will be driving the MDX...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sawrin,

I live in Plano and I probably have seen your Silver MDX. Saw one going N on Coit thru the Legacy intersection last week. I am hoping to find several forum members that want to meet & admire each other's MDXes and maybe, if enough people are interested, had a road ralley or some other social activity.

·
Registered
56 Posts
texrb, it probably wasn't me, since I did not see your Black MDX with the gold emblems. I still have yet to see one with the gold effects. However, I do frequent Legacy and Hedgcoxe quite frequently, since I do live in the small part of Allen that is west of 75.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Colleyville is here

I live in Colleyville (just west of DFW airport for those not familiar). I have seen a few in my neighborhood (Silver, Black, Beige) but have not had the opportunity to talk w/ an owner. Whenever given the chance, I park next to another MDX to hopefully show off my .org sticker.
One of these days I will get the .org card file and try printing a few.

·
Registered
619 Posts
hey guys, since rspitz from S.A. responded, i figured i could give a shout out.

i'm in tyler(100 miles east of dallas).

glad to know TEXAS is on board.

cya

·
Registered
21 Posts
Austin's IN!

Where are all those Austinites I see driving around town in their X's? I'll be joining the ranks soon (possibly tomorrow!!). My baby arrived earlier tonight and I couldn't help but sneek a peek (see IT'S FINALLY HERE!! in the General Discussion).

Please keep me posted on any upcoming events--can you say ROADTRIP?! :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Tom-TX.....I HAD to have run into you one of these days recently....I live in Grapevine (SW Corner). I will look for your .org sticker.....try looking for my HID's (well, OK, my white lookalikes!;) ) and my yellow ion fogs.....or a black MDX that is pulled over by a cop for speeding on the side of the road:D .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Arlington Has an MDX!!!!!

Hey!!
1st time poster, long time lurker!!!
I'm in for a North Texas meet!!
I got my X on June 27th, and am glad I found this site!!
Let me know when the next meet is!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Valley Ranch

First post. I'm in Valley Ranch and work in downtown dallas. I got my mdx on August 28 (black/tan/base/navi/adding mud guards and video system). If anyone has suggestions on a company to install dvd/headrest video system in the DFW area, please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

R Stevens,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have should have known that because I have been guessing it was other non silver colors in other postings. Oh Well. . .

So I have decided thus far to get . . .
2003 SS Touring/Navigation/DVD
Flares/Tailgate deflector/Splash Gaurd/Lower Trim (Color Matching)
Wood Dash/Wheel/Knob
Towing package as I am planning my 3500 lb Malibu Response (Ski Boat) all around the DFW area.

Thanks Again:2:

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Guys,

I know that this is a Texas club but since there is none in Louisiana, i figured i would like to join you guys over in TX. Besides, i have a lot of connections and ties with TX. Hell, I bought the car from McChurchill (wonderful experience), I have three brothers, a best friend, and two cousins that live in the Dallas-Fortworth area. Not to mention mucho aunts, uncles, and other cousins (two of which own MDXs) that live in the Austin and Houston area. I consider myself a Texan @ times as many times as i visited the state. But still an LSU Tiger fan.

Black premium w/wood shift knob, cargo tray, alpine changer, cargo net, mud guards, roof rack, and running boards. Planning on upgrading the speakers, hood deflector, and headlight covers. 9/7/2002.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to TX hongster :2: :4: You are more than welcome to come to a meet - if we ever get our act together and have one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dallas Role Call

:7: Just dropping a line. Will be picking up '03 MDX on Monday. White, Touring, Running Boards. Got a great deal and care from David McDavid in Plano. $2400 over invoice, or ~$1300 under MSRP. Primary vehicle for my wife but i can see already that i will be switching my '01 330i with her often.

Will have xm unit installed in the next week. Has anyone used the concierge travel from Acura? I was thinking of some fun off/road road trips in Tx and west this summer.

ciao

·
Registered
2 Posts
:7: You may want to check out Earmark car audio. Unfortunately sp they are located in addison. You may want to ask them who they would recommend for simillar quality in your area! They came recommended from very particular friends of mine w/ MB's and bmw's. They do the car audio, video gamut. I had them hardwire my valentine in '01 330i sport and they did a great job.

caio

1 - 20 of 50 Posts