Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone on the thread is attending this Detroit auto Love-in. I'm going on one of the weekends, and might be sweet to meet some of you at the show. If not, maybe we can politely pester/engage the staff at the exhibit about the site.
Comments?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I want to go but.......

............even though I'm in California I want to go, as I"M DYING TO SEE what the new ACURA RD-X looks like in person, which is probably the vehicle I've been waiting for all my life. Right now if you want a luxury-loaded SUV for some reason they all have to be the size of TEXAS (Bigger is better.....etc :mad: ). Finally there seems to be a COMPACT SUV for single people like me who want ALL THE LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE YOU CAN GET...V6, Navi, Leather, Bose etc. BUT in a SMALL package (Picture a vehicle the size of a Toyota RAV4 but with a DVD Navigation system, a powerful V6, climate control AC, Premium sound system etc. etc. for around 30-35 grand. If the RAV4 came equipped like this I would have to look no further, but unfortunately..... :( ) - So now comes my SALVATION in the form of the Acura RD-X - I think this vehicle is the answer to my prayers!!! ;)
..........However I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET the exact dates of the show for the public. I was told it starts on January 6th for the media....Anyone have any idea what the dates are???? THANK YOU!!!
ALSO does anyone know WHEN the RD-X goes into production???

BTW I was told that the RD-X is pretty much a scaled down version of the MDX. - That is MDX minus the 7 seats and several inches shorter and a few inches narrower. Can anyone confirm this??

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Show

Officially the show goes from 1/6-21. However, the first week is for media and industry. This means that the public can go in on the 12th (Saturday)thru the 21st. It used to end on Sunday, but I think the 21st is MLK day and a holiday for many.

RW

·
Registered
184 Posts
Vic,

Why not go to the LA Auto Show Jan 5-13?
http://www.lacclink.com/

In the past I was able to get free tickets from Acura via their web site. Even without free tickets it doesn't cost too much (I think parking costs just as much as admission) and sometimes there are discount coupons available from websites or the LA Times.

You can get free samples of Meguires, armor-all, and maybe some other stuff too.

I guess if they had a 300 HP 3.2 liter CL hatchback on display I would go but this year I don't have time to go.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes, I will be at the auto show on the 12th. I have already made the hotel reservations. I will be driving in from Kalamazoo that morning and hanging around the area until Suday afternoon. I would be interested in meeting any fellow MDXers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please POST Pictures

To those who are going to the show, please take & post some pictures related to MDX. I'm really interested in seing the Honda version of MDX. I'm not to thrilled on a longer and wider car but the price is appealing.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
NaNaLi
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing