Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising, I came accross this detailing website that is devoted to detailing. I have found lots of great information here.

http://www.autopia-carport.com

:29:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
yup, autopia's the best detailing site on the net...

·
Registered
285 Posts
that website looks so familiar (the layout, buttons, posting area, etc.).... :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
in that forum, a lot of people talk about using power orbitors to apply zaino, and apparantly it works well.... i know it's not recommended, but anyone here ever tried zaino on the mdx with power applicators? thanks....

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Random orbitals work very well with Zaino. The problem is that you often put as much Z5/Z2 on the pad as you do on the X.

Unlike carnaubas, which you kinda want to rub in, and where orbitals make sense, a synthetic like Zaino only needs to be applied in a thin layer, not rubbed in.

My Porter orbital has a pad that is is 7" in diameter and soaks up Zaino like a sponge. I'd rather put Z on my X than on my pad, so I use a hand applicator. Plus you can't use an orbital on nooks and crannys.

I just did my X again and it took me about 7 minutes to apply Z5 by hand.

While the orbital may on large areas apply the Zaino more evenly, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages IMO.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"While the orbital may on large areas apply the Zaino more evenly, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages IMO"

After having used a random orbital to apply Zaino, I am inclined to agree with your assessment that little time is really saved. However, by spraying Z6 on the pad to moisten prior to applying Z2 or 5 I was able to reduce the amount of product used. The real advantage I found was to enable a thinner coat of Z and not have any streaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts