Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SNOWWWW Depressed!!!

Finally a chance to try the "Defeat Winter" system (VTM-4), and no MDX. It's a treat for us to see some snow, but when it actually sticks, oh the joy!!! Sorry for not keeping some posted but I have a Redrock Pearl Touring/Nav/Saddle on order at Ed Voyles Acura with a arrival date of Jan. 17th. Well, I don't want to kid myself but, I don't really think that my wife would really let me take HER new truck out anyway if we had it. Has anyone here in Atlanta driven their MDX in the snow? Like Nissan says," NOT THAT YOU WOULD, BUT YOU COULD". Anyway, for those who will, Please be safe. It would really hurt to see someone sliding into your precious MDX or vice-versa. :mad: Down here, some of us are not the best drivers in snow!!! Again , PLEASE BE SAFE!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry I didn't have a chance to try my MDX on the snow...my wife and I were stuck in the hospital having our second kid, born on 1/2/2002. I also purchased the Redrock Pearl/Touring/NAV from Ed Voyles (picked up on 12/14/2001).

·
Registered
26 Posts
MDX in snow

I just had the opportunity to go about 1200KM or 750Mi in varying winter conditions this weekend. We went from mild conditions to road closures in northern BC. It has to be bad for them to close highways up here.

I have to say that the MDX did a great job of defeating winter. My only complaint is stone chips on the hood and windshield. Not Acura's fault.

We were up to speeds of 130Km/h or 81M/hr on solid ice and hardpacked snow (BTW: We were not the only ones, the buses were going 120Km/hr). The MDX was very stable. I could sometimes feel front wheels grasping for traction but the rear always filled in before it became excessive. ALso part of the reason I think I felt it is that I have not had my Thud TSB done yet.

I had a 97 Pathfinder before this, and I can say that the MDX and VTM is head an shoulders above that. I was also traveling with friends that had a 98 Pathfinder as well as a 2001 QX4 and also an A4 Quattro. There was no problems keeping up at all.

I also drove through piles from snow ploughs and fresh snow about a foot thick. Couldn't even detect slippage.

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jhette
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing