Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, for the first time yesterday, some dips in the painted metal portion of the hatch above the glass. There seems to be some symmetry to them when comparing them from left of brake light to right. I've never noticed this before and would not have had the light not been just right. The car has not been exposed to any falling objects, i.e., hail, branches ... and they are nowhere else on it. The paint over them is flawless. I'm wondering if someone could check this out. Perhaps something is used to lift it in place that caused this?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I see them too, but...

I look on the side of the MDX like down by the doors and the rear window and I see them too. I don't know if they are flaws or if their supposed to be there. It's kind of disturbing. I know I didn't put them there. I think that's just the way it came. They aren't real noticeable unless you have the light just right and the angle your looking at them. I don't know what to tell ya, but I'm not going to worry about it. It would drive me crazy if I did.

Lmeans

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hatch dents

I'm told that this is where the inside and outside of the hatch is welded together and all MDX have this? Roll Call for all who notice.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
soesed,

I just checked mine & it is perfectly smooth - no dents, dips or any other imperfections. I checked the hatch & the sides.

Perhaps you & Imeans could post a pic & circle the area you are referring to - and what it looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
texrb
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing